Our Parent Governors are:
Mr Gareth Archer
Mrs Anna Mann
Parent Governors hold the unique position of having a parental viewpoint of the school. Through their children, they have a first hand experience of the delivery of the curriculum and see how the school is perceived from the “customers” point of view.
Parent Governors should form a relationship with the parents but must maintain a strategic approach to the Governing Board. A Parent Governor can advise parents on routes of action but must not become personally involved in individual concerns.
A Parent Governor should:
- make themselves known to the parent community
- try to attend any additional training which is available
- guide parents regarding appropriate lines of actions and procedures
- present a balanced view of issues, representing different sections of the community
Being the impartial representative parent can sometimes be difficult and the Parent Governor should:
- Never promise to ‘solve a problem’
- Not press their own child’s case at the expense of others
- Should not bring individual issues to meetings without following the correct procedure
- Should stay aware of all parental views and concerns
- Play an active part in meetings
Being a parent governor can be both interesting and rewarding and working alongside other members of the Governing Board will ensure that the work of the Governing Board fulfils its duties to all children.